Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Ranger (The San Antonio College Newspaper) Quotes My Second Favorite Economist

The article is Students fear recession will affect education. My second favorite economist is the guy who says:

"If you save $4,000 a year for 40 years and earn an annual rate of return of 8 percent, you will have a million dollars."

So, you might wonder, if this guy is only my second favorite economist, who is my favorite? Hint: it is not Adam Smith, Milton Friedman, John Maynard Keynes, Simon Kuznets, Martin Feldstein, Skidelsky or even Dambisa Moyo (but she is third, for rather obvious reasons).

The first student to email me the correct answer (who is Cy's favorite economist) will get 5 points added to your next test. I will allow you to get 4 tries. After 4, you're done. Another hint: It will be "safe" to search for the answer even if you thought it might not be.

No comments: